Friday, November 27, 2009

Many Thanks

The month of November felt like a week to me. Willie and Ruby's Halloween art was replaced with Fall and Thanksgiving themes in a matter of a day it seemed. Below are some pictures I managed to capture in the furious pace of our Fall. Despite the pace, my heart is filled with Thanksgiving as I've mentioned before. I've become keenly aware that it's by the grace of God that I've been dealt a more than fair hand. It's by His Grace that God wants to use us to serve those who are hurting. Our Lord has selected a mysterious way to spread his love. That way is me and you. My heart is full with Thanksgiving for that opportunity. My heart is full with joy for those who have served me the love of God and given me opportunity. As I shared with my Daddy this week, I'm so grateful for the heritage that Jay and I have been given. Every day in this house that heritage is being handed down to another generation---not perfectly, of course; but with the purest intention. My prayer as I held Willie and Ruby's hands, smelled their hair, locked eyes and hugged tight today is that they'll recognize the gift early and that their hearts will brim with Thanksgiving for what our Lord has done.

Here's a few pics from our celebrations of life this month!


No comments:

Total Pageviews