Monday, December 14, 2009

Meet Larry!

I wasn't sure if our elf Larry was a marketing ploy or truly magical. Willie found him under our Christmas tree on Friday with a the whole Elf on a Shelf story. Many families these days have been given an elf to help Santa it seems, and I guess Santa realized Jay and I could use all the help we could get. This idea was simply genius and I just wish I could have helped Santa with such an undoubtedly lucrative creation. Again, I was a bit skeptical; but it turns out Larry really is magical.




On Saturday morning, our early risers slept until 8---magical. Everyday since, they POP out of bed with excitement to go find Larry and make sure he has made it back from the North Pole.


Every day this week has been almost as magical as Christmas morning because of their excitement to find Larry and make sure he has made it back to us safely. This morning I went to wake Willie and announce that I couldn't find Larry. Willie sat straight up and said, "You have to trust in yourself," and he was off to find Larry buried in the fruit bowl.


Ruby is quite the angel except when you need to go somewhere in a certain time frame. Then she's the queen stalling, piddling, dilly dallying (sp?)--whatever you want to call it. Sunday, I had been herding her for a good 5 minutes before I had her headed upstairs in the right direction. I audibly mumbled "I hope Larry didn't hear that little episode." Ruby retorted, "I'm not a little episode."

No comments:

Total Pageviews