Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Unbelievable

Well, tonight's first night back with internet after the Big Flood. We're actually watching the local news and getting full grasp of what's been going on. We are only folks with a basement that I've heard of that no water.

I somehow navigated myself out of town Sunday night with several detours which was bit stupid the more I reflect on it. I had a big meeting in Atlanta and I soldiered down there.....only to get food poison in route. So after 36 hours in the hotel and seeing no one except hotel staff and one colleage who came to bring me meds/fluids, I drove back this morning. So grateful to see the beautiful sunshine, green grass, blue skies and some precious Walton's.

Jay headed out to help family of one of Willie's classmates who lost everything. He said is took back to Katrina clean-up in Pascagoula.

There's some heartbreaking images on the TV tonight.... Thanks to all of our friends and family who have been calling, texting and emailing to check on us.

No comments:

Total Pageviews