Sunday, August 22, 2010

Sizzlin in the 'Sip

As customary we headed to the Sip for unrushed family time post recruiting and before back to school. Willie and Ruby stayed a whole week with Gran & Granny while daddy finished summer recruiting. Willie had wanted to get some golfing in all summer and with no golfers in this house, he had been relegated to the 100 yard backyard green behind our house. He was clearly moved when Granny told him we'd signed him up for Miss. State's Jr. Golf Academy. He told me that he almost cried.











Gran and Granny ran a super fun cousin camp which allowed Ruby and Willie to spend some treasured time with Riley and Eli too. Thanks to G&G for the bowling, swimming, and fun times!


I was eager to get further South to check on my mom so we didn't hang too long in Starkville. Mom is doing better now but here's us trying to be gentle and quiet at the hospital.




The rest of our trip in South Miss was characterized by the heat and more happy memories with cousins---playing football, baseball, swimming and tubing! I didn't have my camera on the Bogue Chitto float but I mentally captured the beauty, much needed cool waters, and serentiy. I committed to make that float an annual tradition---and hope that next year my mom can come with us.


Here's WW and Wilkes.

WW and Reagan after heated game of "interception."



Ruby spends much of her time with the dogs and I'm thinking she might need to be a vet. She (& JAY) have been on the hunt for her own dog---which she has pre-named Shizzle.




One highlight of our South Miss trip is to visit with Russ' (aka Big Country) family. We typically marvel at how big their boys are getting and listen to Jay & Russ reminisce about road trips, teammates & coaches.




Really, I can never get enough of seeing our families but it's always good to get home. In the course of our Miss trip, Willie lost both front teeth and I admitted---it's time for FIRST grade!

No comments:

Total Pageviews