While we celebrated family time with Wallace’s in the mountains celebrating Thanksgiving week, the Bison’s won their division of the Cancun Challenge. We were all thrilled to reunite on the homefront with an unseasonably warm day to celebrate Thanksgiving coupled with lots of outside play!
After a wonderful season of precious programs and parties for PK and 2nd graders, Willie and Ruby were headed to Mississippi for some grandparent time.
Jay was working hard and so adding in a quick trip to the DR to personally deliver Christmas gifts to Cristina and her 150+ sisters:) seemed very doable. I’d probably now characterize as back breaking after you start factoring a bit of unexpected here and there..... but well worth it I can say now that I’m safely here.
As many of you know, we collected DVD’s to give them a decent library of over 80 DVDs. They sat in a circle and cheered as we read each movie title....extra loud for Hannah Montana, Harry Potter, New Moon and Barbie…..the picture tells the rest of the story.
One unexpected opportunity was to visit house converted orphanage for about 30 boys. I was with a SCORE missionary and we were delivering gifts to the boys who had SCORE sponsors. I was totally dumbfounded to learn that only a handful of the boys have sponsors. (So, I’ll be going back there before I leave to deliver some games or something that they can ALL play with. It was sparse as you can tell from the stark white walls below.) If you are interested in sponsoring one of these boys, just contact SCORE.
info@scoreinternational.org
Phone: 423-894-7111
http://scoreinternational.org/programs/sponsor-a-child
These are boys without a sponsor that were there tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment