Thursday, February 2, 2012

Birthday Month

Birthday Month did not disappoint. With January birthdays and basketball season, this mom strives to to be prepared by Thanksgiving for fear of no plan and the birthdays will be upon us!

Ruby's party was the first celebration. It was her first time to have a solo party with friends. (She's mainly had family parties until last year when she shared her party with Willie since they celebrate in the same week.) For two years, she's been wanting to have a party at Diva's and Dude's. I had no clue to be honest, I didn't even check out the place....she's been saying it for 2 years so I marched forward hoping for the best. I just hoped it didn't disappoint. And all I can say is Wow! Mainly a good wow but I was mostly just wowing the business concept. I'm guessing I should should have thought of this. Anyway, it didn't disappoint Ruby and that's what mattered! (Willie just walked around like he was in twilight zone.)

Our Ruby is a darling little girl. The night before her birthday, she told 4 goodbye literally. She has a make believe friend called "buzzy bee." She LOVES all animals especially her Shizzle. When she gets scared going to choir practice, she asks me to pray with her. She's funny and loves to be silly and laugh especially with Willie. She's courageous enough to go a 7 day trip with her grandparents. She's stylish enough to make up her own outfits like putting a skirt around her neck to create a poncho effect. She's my little girl no matter how TALL she gets.










After her party, Ruby headed off to Disney with her Walton grands and her cousin Riley to celebrate for a full-week. They look really fresh in this departure pic at the airport.





Well, about 24 hours after Ruby's shindig, we hosted 7 boys at our house to celebrate Willie's #8. Because of basketball season and chaos of the schedule, I intentionally choose to do destination birthday parties. But Willie wanted a sleepover complete with laser tag, brownies (no cake please!), and time to just play. After laser tag and pizza....a Big Shout goes out to Daddy for running a 3 hour sports tournament in the basement complete with foosball, billiards, nerf basketball horse and the wii....followed by a session of trading football cards and a movie.....Finally, it's 1 a.m. and all was quiet and Willie was very pleased.


Willie at age 8 thinks he knows everything....much like his mom was. But mostly, I'm just so proud. His world view is admirable to have traveled very little thus far in his life. He is conscientious enough to ask me if "open gym" costs any money. He's silly enough for anyone to know he's got to be 8! He's a quick learner and loves any kind of competition, organization and STATISTICS! He's currently has running count of various car models he sees on the road. During church, he keeps up with whether the preacher says God, Jesus, Christ or Spirit more.......it's a little scary but at least he's listening. My favorite thing about Willie at the tender age of 8 is his tender heart.



After having the chance to care for Cristina for a short period on a daily basis, we have a better understanding of the privilege. I could easily articulate how blessed our children are; but I more clearly understand the privilege I've been given now. It's an honor to pour into these precious gifts day by day, year by year. Happy Birthday, my babies!

No comments:

Total Pageviews