Conversations at bedtime about Willie's girlfriends at school...it all began when I was talking about my best friend growing up, Shane Cornell. Willie asked me what kinds of things we did together.
Jay: When we were little boys we played ball together and rode our bikes all over the neighborhood. Then when we got older we chased girls together.
Willie: (giggling) Daddy, I think I want to have a girlfriend when I get older.
Jay: Oh really?
Willie: (positively giddy) Yeah, I know who it is too...Kennedy. She's my girlfriend right now.
Jay: Does she know she's your girlfriend?
Willie: Yeah, I told her she was.
Steph: How did you get her to be your girlfriend?
Willie: We went into the tunnel together at school. I asked her, "Do you want to be my girlfriend?" She said, "Yeah." I asked her, "Are you sure you want to be my girlfriend?" She said, "Yeah." I asked her, "Are you SURE you want to be my girlfriend?" She said, "Well, do you want me to or not?" Then we came out out of the tunnel and she said (country voice), "Come 'eer boyfriend!" then I said, "Come 'eer girlfriend!"
Jay: Do you really like this girl?
Willie: Dad, you know I do. If I made her my girlfriend you know I like her.
Jay: What makes you like her so much? Why not some of the other girls in your class?
Willie: Well, Emma tells on me, Callie will fuss, and Charlie don't want me to.
1 comment:
That is a great story...and y'all are such great parents!!! I love the way you had that conversation. But, let's talk about this tunnel...I think Willie is ready for CWP and Snipe Hunts!
Post a Comment