So I'm a Survivor fan. It was only on TV for umpteen seasons but then I finally watched it on Demand one night with Jay and I was hooked...I so want to be on the that show....just to see how I'd survive.
Oh, I could never leave my kids for 40 days (at least at this point) considering I struggled for the weekend trip they eagerly jumped at to go home with Nana and Papa post Thanksgiving. Jay and I went on a couple of dates and picked the perfect Christmas tree. I did hike several miles that weekend and then decorated to my heart's content.
Then we started the hardest week we've had in a while yet it's Friday night so....I survived. I drove the kids all the way back from Jackson (7 hours) in the middle of the night. Willie was sick on the drive and has been all week. Jay headed for round of conference games in North Florida (which is generally 2 games in 4-5 day stretch) and I had to hit the Bham and Memphis markets too for some interim assessment meetings. The meetings hit on the wrong week for sure. So the village was called upon (& paid) and we did piece it together and survive.
Survival is relative though. I'm talking about surviving with a sick child (who is not terminally ill), surviving with hectic schedules (because of thriving careers), surviving the coordination of help (from an abundance of a loving village who make our family richer and better) and surving until we get Jay home again (who is the ultimate husband and dad). So, I'm not sure I'd really make it on the Survivor show because I'm just BLESSED to the point.....I don't know anything much about surviving.
By the way, Willie told Jay his antibiotic was disgusting and tasted like Christmas tree.
Ruby and Willie did have a spat this week too. The root cause was because Willie couldn't get Ruby to say "yes mam" (to him). I don't even try to get her to say yes mam to me....just use a kind words with kind tones when she is asserting her overly independent self. Oh, Lord......just help us survive and then realize we not only survived but were blessed every day!
No comments:
Post a Comment