Sunday, October 25, 2009

Mercy Ministries --- 3 days left!

Some of you have heard that I partnered with at risk women in the Dominican Republic this month. These rescued women make beautiful jewelry. Through a missionary I met when in the DR earlier this year, I committed to be their U.S. partner for the month of October and broker their beautiful handiwork. I'm approaching $2,000 (in spite of the swine flu) and should get there before I ship it to next months' hostess who also happens to live in Tennessee. 100% of the money goes back to the mission field!

As always, Jay was ultra supportive of the commitment involved and my last showing is to the coaches at LU. Willie gave up his pool table for about 3 weeks for me to keep my display ready and Ruby was my sales assistant and inventory counter. My children are so about helping these "mommies."

And, thanks to all of you who purchased jewels and helped serve these women in a very real way. I received an email this morning from Alli (the missionary that organizes this particular ministry). The women in the program have a desire to reach other women for Christ....that's what it's all about! They are building relationships with some prostitutes in the area and are planning to host a retreat for them to take them out of their environment for a few days to do activities, crafts, and hear God's word. Please be in prayer for them as they prepare, start inviting 5 specific women, and have their eyes opened to the situations around them.

Ok....I know I owe you grandparents costume pictures and Willie's first lost tooth! Now, that's been a bigger deal than I could have ever imagined.

No comments:

Total Pageviews