Well, I wasn't expecting to cry hard tonight. God has given Jay and me a heart to help break cycles. To Love. To be Present. To help fill a Gap. Sometimes, we just need to help break a cycle. You can't always plan those opportunities. You can only be available when the opportunity arises. So this video that my college roomate sent me turns me inside out. (Mute my playlist at the bottom before listening to the video.)
Found out last week, that my lil' brother and I are going to be featured in a newsletter for Big Brothers and Big Sisters in Nashville. Here's an excerpt of a letter one of his teachers at school sent in to the BBBS organization.
"MG signed up to play basketball at FH this year. Unfortunately, he did not show up for his first game. I guess Stephanie spoke with his grandmother, and she was sure to pick him up for his second game. On Saturday, she came to the gym with her husband, 2 small children, and MG. She and her family watched and cheered MG on! Just after half-time, he scored a basket, and the whole family jumped up to cheer for him! The look on his face was priceless! He was so proud!Without his big sister, he probably would not have been at the game on Saturday, and he would not have had such a special moment! It just reminded me what a huge difference BBBS makes in the lives of so many children......"
A hero in my life is MG's grandmother. God "matched" us so we could help her stand in the gap. She has made an amazing sacrifice for MG and his siblings. I didn't know her heroic sacrifice or his whole story when I originally met him 4 years ago. I just knew God was asking me to show up. 4 years later, I know alot more about how crafty God can be when we just show up.
Mom, Please be sure Dad sees this post. And special thank you to mine and Jay's parents to position us to serve our Lord the way we can. We do not take the generations of blessings for granted, and we are striving to pass these to our children. Each week, WW takes his shoes off for MG to wear during the game so he'll have non-slip basketball shoes. Clearly, WW has alot more to learn in life but he just may already have the biggest lesson learned. Stand in the gap---like Jesus did.
No comments:
Post a Comment