Thursday, August 21, 2008

big school

Willie started preK this week at David Lipscomb Campus School. It's a big deal around here. For those of you who don't know DLCS is affiliated with Lipscomb University. We already know some folks and it's awfully convenient too.

Willie's teacher is great. I have overheard Willie multiple times telling those who genuinely inquire about who is his teacher is...."Her name is Miss Johnson. They say she is great!"

As roommom, I helped at registration and I got to meet all the kids and their parents. They seem "great" too. One parent worth mentioning is Steve McNair. His son is in a different class but also in PreK. I saw him a registration and thought about talking about Mississippi with him but I decided to table it and leave the man alone.

Willie did tell me today that there was one kid faster than him---really fast. After Jay and I quizzed him on his first name and skin color.....I ran to get the roster b/c I was certan it would have to be little McNair. Nope. There's probably going to be at least 2 faster....but I'm not telling Willie that.

No comments:

Total Pageviews