Friday, August 22, 2008

Olympics

We have really enjoyed watching the Olympics. Jay and I mostly watch late-night (thank God for DVRs) but we have had some family time cheering for the USA. Of course, Willie is eaten up with it. (He wanted to know if he got the gold for his manners the other night.) Swimming, track and beach volleyball seem to be all of our favorites. Although Jay did sleep through Walsh/May's gold the other night...he seemed a bit frustrated he wasn't aroused for the monumental event that they happened to be donning their white mesh suits:)

We saw a pole vault highlight the other day. Evidently it was a first for Willie because he turned and said, "Mom, they shouldn't be running with that stick should they?"

Hmmmm....You never know what you'll be explaining to a 4 year old when you wake up....certainly pole vaulting wasn't on the list this morning.

We are sad as the close of the Olympics approaches and I was looking forward to the next summer Olympics until I realized Ruby will be 4 asking cute questions and Willie will be 8 asking me no telling what. I will not be wishing these days away.

Go USA and Usain (I loved him)!

No comments:

Total Pageviews