I want to post some pictures so badly, but I've misplaced my camera from today's events. I'll find it in the next day or so, but I've got to jot down some of our happenings and conversations before they get lost in my mind.
We wrapped up January with usual school and work, but I was especially grateful to work in a girls trip with a couple of college girlfriends---Wendy and Amy. We met in the Golden Triangle and hit some great restaurants, the MSU/Ole Miss basketball game and just a tad of shopping and lots of talking. Again, I'm not sure how I got blessed with all of these amazing friends but I'm grateful. We spent alot of our rejoicing that Amy is having twins (that will make 4)! Thanks to the GRANDparents who made it possible!!!
Harvest Hands basketball league is going well. We won the last 2 weeks by "blow-ups" as Willie calls them. I've got some team pictures to post.
Ruby had her own birthday party to attend today after church---a princess party for Annabelle. The little girls wore their princess dresses. Dressing up especially girly is Ruby's thing. It actually floors me. I don't view myself as overly girly then combined with daddy and big brother's influences....I never suspected her to be over the top. The more jewlry the better for her and her clunking around in "my high heels" is one of her favorite past times. Although Ruby "rested" for almost 2 hours--no sleep, she crashed on the way home from delivering dinner to a friend around 6 and is snoozing in her play clothes I expect for the night.
Willie went to Henry County with Jay Thursday night to recruit. He got in bed a bit later than usual but well worth the time spent with Daddy. He spent the night with his buddy Teague on Friday night, played in his game on Saturday and played non-stop after church today....so Willie crashed after dinner tonight, but not before saying some really interesting/funny stuff.
Several times today, Willie would describe somthing to me then say "for example..." and act it out. About the third time he said "for example," Jay and I were cracking up. Like "Gran killed this wasp with a magazine on the blinds one time. For example, if there was a wasp on your shirt......" He then rolled up piece of paper and hit me on the chest.
Then tonight, he told me about the people heaven, the dog heaven and cat heaven. We started discussing heaven after we talked about one of his friends who lost their dad. His tears welled up. I reminded him that his friend's daddy will always love him and they'll be together again in heaven. Willie said God loves him too and that there is a Bible verse about God, mamas and daddys in heaven loving each other. I don't know the exact verse he might be referencing, but I'm not doubting there's some verse he's thinking of. He kind of has us and his SS teachers freaked out by his Bible knowledge. He's like a walking Old Testatment thanks to the stories of his 2 year old Bible reinforced by Miss June last year and now his Chapel classes at David Lipscomb. I look forward to the day he understand the New Testament though!
From that conversation, he rolled right into loose teeth and that God and the tooth faires work together. "There are pink toothfaires for the girls and blue toothfaires for the boys. Emma has already lost a tooth. She's the first one (in their classroom). But in some countries, they just throw their teeth on the roof. They don't have toothfairies. Now, I'm not sure...but I think it was Australia." To which I replied...."Really?" Again, I'm not going to take time to Google this but I'm not doubting him.
This weeks brings big things too:
1) Renovations are to start on our new house. The dumpster and lumber arrive tomorrow so we're sitting on go when Oak Hill releases our permit. And this rental is making me all the more eager. I'll get the before pictures posted too. Where's that camera????
2) Jay is in Bouies Creek, NC the next couple of days to beat Campbell University then he returns to gear up for the Lipscomb/Belmont game at our place on Thursday. It will be a sell-out and we need a "blow-up" quite frankly.
3) Harvest Hands basketball league wraps up Saturday with the trophy presentation then the whole league and families are invited to the Lipscomb game. I think Montrell's (my lunch buddy) granny is going to let him go to the game with us.
4) Hopefully, we'll get to finalize some of our plans for our spring trip to Dominican Republic. Jay and I will be recuperating from "life" for a few days then doing mission work for a few days.
Until then....we'll keep moving with life full steam ahead.
2 comments:
Wow, willie looks so big with his haircut (but I liked the longer look, too). We sure miss you guys, but I'm glad to hear things are rolling along in the rental and the new house. Can't wait to see the new pictures!
I'm new at leaving comments on blogspot - that girl is Libby!
Post a Comment