Starkville was rocking this weekend with the third largest crowd ever. Dan Mullen debuted with a victory. We got to cheer for the football players as they unloaded off the bus....quite the interesting fashion show may I add. Willie was not overly impressed as you might think he would be. I think he's a bit of a resentful fan and I hope he might come around one day. He did cheer for State but I think Jay told him he couldn't go to the game if he didn't. The Vandy game is here this year and I'm afraid that Willie might not come around for our Bulldogs. Willie's favorite part was playing football himself at the tailgate with Reagan and Uncle Steven. During a rain delay, two trainers were on the field tossing the ball, Willie said, "Mom, can I go down there and throw the football?" We had good seats at the game; but we were over half way up the stadium. He was so serious:)
We're so grateful that Jay's family lives in Starkville now. We get to visit sacred ground to us everytime we visit family.
A couple of unexpected highlights.....We saw several of Jay's college teammates this weekend including Rula, Super D, Marcus, Big Damp plus Coach Stansbury. Hard to believe that Erick is still going strong for the Mavericks (13 years). And Jay and I shared with Jeff's youth group on Sunday night! A big treat to share our relationship blessings of 18 years with them.
We made it home in 5 hours today, and we had the yard cut and kids in bed before dark. Actually, the kids put themselves in bed!



No comments:
Post a Comment