Monday, September 14, 2009

Weekend Wows!

We had alot of Wows this weekend!

Ruby was wowed by the red polish that Ronda whipped out of her purse at the volleyball match on Friday night.





Jay and I were wowed that our kids woke up later than usual on Saturday and didn't wake us up. We woke up to the sweet wisdom that Willie was sharing with Ruby in the kitchen as he fixed her breakfast. He peeled a hard boiled egg (previously boiled), toasted her waffle, provided her fruit and made her some chocolate milk by himself. Jay and I just laid there in our nearby room listening to their sweet exchanges.
After some exercise, we headed out for a little Saturday fun and ended up at the Greek Fest....I'm guessing it's our 8th annual trip. The Greek food, of course, wows me and Jay. The games and pony rides wow our kids.








After some rest, Jay and I headed out to the Symphony with Kate and Brandon. The symphony presented an Americana show which connected all kinds of music in America's history including a bluegrass/country flair that I totally appreciated and surprise visit from Emmy Lou Harris. But the wow moment of the night for us was when "Honeyboy" Edwards feebly took the stage. He's a Shaw, Miss boy that's only 94 years old. He wrote Sweet Home Chicago.

Check out his tour schedule at http://www.davidhoneyboyedwards.com/. He'll be in London next week. Honeyboy is the last living legend that played with Robert Johnson, King of the Delta Blues. We were fortunate enough to be invited to the after-party to meet the musicians.

Here's us with HoneyBoy! Is Jay not at one of his happiest moments?! We, of course, talked to him about the Sip and Jay asked him if he knew Jay's elderly friend from Shaw, Boo Ferris (also a living legend http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Ferriss ). To which Honey Boy replied, "yeah, that's old WD Ferris' boy...." that cracked us up b/c he was remembering the generation before Boo.





Wow! I'm grateful we still have so much fun together.





After church on Sunday, we took some long naps with intermittent football and tennis (both in our backyard and on TV). Plus we got some house projects done as we welcome family this coming weekend in anticipation of a big WOW from our beloved Bulldogs.








No comments:

Total Pageviews