3 years ago today, Jay and I were soon to be awakened with signs that our little baby girl would be here soon. We got to hospital by 5:00 a.m. it seems and she was here by 6:30 (oh, the breeze of 2nd C Section).
Little things I remember....
Dr. Burch brought Jay coffee. When Jay called our parents, he couldn't get my dad to wake-up. Jay was eventually hollering "Willie, it's me Jay- your son in law." Daddy hung up confused and dazed....thinking he was dealing with some LC Sheriff's issue I guess. Big Brother Willie whispered at 3 years old upon meeting Ruby, "It's me Ruby, your brother, Willie." Ruby was in ICU first 24 hours and I was tied down with catheter.... so Jay brought me a picture of Ruby and I was amazed at how beautiful her lips were as a newborn. Jay and Willie wore pink in honor of baby sister.



1 comment:
So sweet! Happy 3rd birthday, Ruby!
Post a Comment