Friday, January 22, 2010

6 Years Ago


Last week I posted on 3 years ago. Tonight, I'm reflecting on 6 years ago tomorrow. We headed out to hospital in wee hours of morning with certainty that our son would be born that day since my water broke.

Things I remember....I didn't call the doctor until I found it in 2 different books that I should head on hospital at this point (don't think anyone had mentioned what I should do.) Jay asked to stop and get a biscuit on the way. This worked out fine since I wasn't in labor. I really was ready to get on with it, but I would have worried all day that he was hungry so....yeah, sure, get you a biscuit, honey. I've only been cooking this little biscuit in my belly for 9 months.

I was a bit annoyed that Jay was flipping a magazine at the onset of pitocin (sp?) but once got the 2nd epidural (yes, they screwed up first one and Jay says I let them have it...) in place....all was good. Fun day...having a baby. Then all hell broke loose....Dr. Burch was up in my face explaining why we needed to change courses and I was thinking....I don't care!!!..and finally ended in emergency C-section around 6:30 p.m.. Willie was bit beat up but healed in the NICU the next few days.

Things I don't remember--everything after his birth until recovery room. I didn't get to hold him but I'll never forget the nurse who made it possible to get me to NICU at 4 a.m. next morning.

Things I know now...Wow! What a special kid! He's passionate about numbers and ball. He chatters incessantly and I can't wait to see him every day after he gets home from Kindergarten. He's our son and our friend!





This is Willie (not Wilkes Wallace though Willie is so proud that his new cousin looks like him as a newborn.)




Proud Daddy!



One of my favorite pics at 6 months.




Proud Granny!


Almost 6....Happy Birthday, Willie Walton!!


1 comment:

Jenn Martin said...

Happy #6, Willie! Sounds like ya'll should have biscuits for a birthday breakfast. Love the trip down memory lane and the line "he's our son and our friend!"

Total Pageviews