Sunday, October 31, 2010

and "that's a WRAP!"

After a fun Fall break with Nana & Papa.....



Willie and I wrapped up Fall Break with a visit to the Little Course, a 3 par 9 hole adjacent to Vanderbilt's Legends. It's just down Franklin Road and casual. Willie was please with my "best mom" effort to get him on a real course. It dawned on me driving up to the clubhouse---I had no idea what I was doing. Not deterred, we got our clubs and headed out to the first tee. I teed off first to learn (from a friendly mom, who turned out to be one of their pros) that I needed to turn around and tee toward the first hole (not the 9th). Poor Willie--he was a little embarrassed but he hung with me. After I got pointed in the right direction....Willie coached me up on which clubs to use when and rules of the game. Of course, he beat me and we had us another memory for these precious times.




The first grade classes put on a how at the Barnyard Moosical. Willie has a bit of the theatre in him and loves an opportunity to perform---have you had dinner with us lately? Ruby gave him a great hug after his performance.


Baseball and Football seasons ended this week too---our last baseball of season was played on LU's Draper Diamond (Lady Softball) which was a treat to play under the big lights. The weather was cool enough I was grateful we were wrapping up Fall Ball, and the chill in the air had Willie looking alive! He earned the gameball for his best game of the season. One of the mom's asked me what I fed him before the game. My reply...."oh, it was my pregame speech." She thought I was joking.

Final football pics to come. The professional photographers got some shots I couldn't resist purchasing so I'll share when I get them.
Of course, October wraps up with some serious fun with our neighbors on Halloween. We gathered at the neighbors for dinner, costume dressing and caravan to the a nearby trunk or treat after nearby tricks and treats. We even made sure to visit our old neighbors on the way home.






And, here's Daddy, who wrapped up another year this week. Happy 37, Daddy!!!


Bring it on, November!

No comments:

Total Pageviews