Monday, October 4, 2010

a Ruby Report


Ruby is still keeping us on our toes! She's NOT to be left out and although she's 3 (and a half she would be sure to add), she's a leader and knows WHAT she wants. I forsee these being good traits; but, oh, how to harness.

For starters, she doesn't like bows. If you catch her with one it's after I've forced it upon her b/c she is 3 afterall and I should get some say while I can. She hates 2 ponytails--but I've started working those in too as long as I situate them on the back of her head and not on the side. She LOVES long hair and does not want it cut in a cute cut so we're back to needing a bow or 2 ponytails (b/c one just slides right out.) I realize no one cares about these issues----but you see I am projecting into the future...and I can't imagine opinions and preferences getting any stronger. she told me she never wanted to wear this cute outfit recently purchased again. Really? I remember being afraid I'd hurt my mom's feelings and would never have been so bold and that would have been around age 13.

Her preference:





Listen to this pretend conversation while she holds a crayon to her ear.

"Hey, Cody (friend from new school)!"

"Yeah, I'm talking on my Crayon" I assume Cody asks why.

"B/c my dad took my cell phone away."

What????? where does she get this. She doesn't watch teenage shows I promise. She does have a few college friends by virtue of our university family but I just don't see them discussing this.

So, Ruby's had a big month with a new school, starting Encore and soccer. Her favorite? Hands down Encore which is on Tuesday mornings. They just finished learning all about the symphony and went on a field trip to the symphony. Jay was her escort.

Jay was driving her to Ecore week before last....as they approached, she was getting EAGER and said, "ok, we're almost here, all I have left to do is take off my seat belt!" Walking in she says, "Dad, we don't need to hold hands because I have homework now."


Then there's Ruby with her dog, Shizzle! Poor dog. She requires alot from him but he obliges.



And Ruby is notorious for stealing my little camera (which will become hers as soon as I get around to getting a new one which is desperately needed). Wonder why? when I find my camera you never know what's her latest subjects. Here's what I found last week---and I mean multiple videos....just lucky I still have my camera after this shoot which were there were at least 10 shots at different angles.






And here's the example of not being outdone. Ruby was the youngest and smallest to climb to top of telephone type pole to go down zip line at Camp Widgiwagan on family outing.







To wrap up the Ruby Report...here's more snaps of FUN family ventures we've been up to lately.


No comments:

Total Pageviews