Monday, November 22, 2010

College Chalktalk:NCDS: Jay Walton, Asst. Coach - Lipscomb ("A Coach's Life")

College Chalktalk:NCDS: Jay Walton, Asst. Coach - Lipscomb ("A Coach's Life")

check out Jay's latest entry on college chalktalk....evidently they have asked about 75 NCAA coaches around country to post entries on coaching. I guess it's for those of us to read who don't have dream jobs! Ha!

I'm so grateful Jay followed his passion. Note it's a hard work on him at times like tonight in Waco.

Willie started crying tonight at bedtime. (TIRED)

"What's wrong, Willie?"

"Daddy's going to be too old to coach me by the time I'm in college."

Ruby was boo hoo'n at bedtime too. (ALSO TIRED) as she had been sternly corrected when I caught her deliberately writing on her PJ's????

She overheard Willie and I talking about different kinds of jobs. (Daddy's, Mine, the Pest Control man that Willie talked to over an hour and had him playing basketball in driveway before he left today.)

Choking back the tears, she calmly says---"Mom, you do a good "job" of teaching us right and wrong." ---3 1/2 years.

I guess my speech "It's my job and if we don't do teach you know no one else will...." is sinking in!

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Great article, Jay! Love what you both are doing with your kids! Happy Thanksgiving from the Carver's!

Total Pageviews