Saturday, January 1, 2011

Just Blink!

After one review of the pictures stored on my camera awaiting download....I generally think to myself, "don't blink" or you're going to miss it. Our children have grown so lean and tall. Their interests are changing so quickly and I really fear forgetting it all. We allow (and prefer most of the time) for our world to spin fast but it warrants a "don't blink"sign it seems. Here's the thing--there's much to experience and much to accomplish! I sometimes feel compelled to move fast and try not to blink.

Our life here is really short and I say that even as I have reflected on the 91-year life of my Grandma that we celebrated just 2 days before Christmas at her memorial service.

It seems like just yesterday, that we ran barefoot at Grandma's walking on the green moss under the oaks. I can remember her pretty potted porch plants while we swung high as the chains would take us on her porch swing. We loved ringing the dinner bell mounted high in her yard and the memory of her drive-way that seemed like a mile long. Her homemade biscuits and everyone but me raved over the dumplings. The yellow gold linoleum is a vivid as ever as we sat there rearranging the fridge magnets over and over. My Grandma was really funny. She loved to laugh and she was extremely loyal. Read multiple newspapers everyday. Shot turkeys from the bedroom windows and ran that news in the county news. This seems so long ago but then again it's like I blinked and here we are 30+ years later. But, I know it will be in a blink I'll hear her laugh again one day.

I'm thinking the motto should be "just blink!" Life here is quick even at 91 years. Blinking helps us to refocus. I suggest not trying to slow things but just to go with things. I resolve to blink often in 2011 to stay focused on what matters.




1 comment:

Cathy said...

Love the "Just Blink"! Your parents look great. Give them love for me!
Love
Cathy

Total Pageviews