Wednesday, April 23, 2008
annual basketball banquet
Last night was the annual basketball banquet in Allen Arena. Basically, the night is the opportunity for everyone involved to get a formal thank you and gifts for their hard work. This year was espcially sad since Dr. Potts (our AD) is leaving for Pepperdine and our seniors (Eddie, LaKory & Jason) have been such a special group of guys to coach. Miss Ann (who is graduating from LU in a week) stayed with Willie & Ruby while Jay and I enjoyed our 17 or 18th basketball banquets together. I was the girlfriend who accompanied him to the Miss State banquets back in early 90's. Now, I look at the girlfriends and think--heavens to Betsy-- what are they wearing and thinking. While the banquets are pretty much the same each year in terms of the program and the food, I'm just as thrilled as I was as a freshmen at Mississippi State to accompany Jay.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment