Sunday, July 27, 2008

19 hours in July

So Jay gets home from LV on Saturday at noon. We are expecting for him to be home through Tuesday which was unbelievable stint at home considering it is July (peak recruiting period, but only 3 coaches can be on the road at a time so Jay was going to get a short break. I am thinking SWEET b/c life is just alot richer with Jay here!
Only a few hours into his home visit we learned that "some kid" in Toledo sprained his ankle and as a result Jay would catch latest flight out Sunday to get to Orlando. Seems a bit twisted I know....and there is some rational but essentially our life is in the hands of 18-21 years old guys...what happens to them or decisions they make alters my life.

I do fully recognize that we have it all in terms of what matters so I don't really care what these boys do....but I was bummed that Jay ended up with only 19 hours at home. But look what we accomplished:

1) Flight lands in Nashville
2) Jay drives to Glendale house (house I wanted Jay to see....we've been casually looking)
3) Play with kids couple of hours
4) Join friends for home-cooked dinner (Thanks, Hickmans !!)
5) Baths & Bed; Change Jay's flights; wash clothes
6) Early Church
7) Wash clothes
8) Join friends for home-cooked lunch (Thanks, Martin's!!!)
9) Revisit Glendale house and make offer!
10) Straight to Pool ---awesome time with Frye's and Rosenthal's
11) Picnic with just us 4
12) Home for clothes washing/baths
13) Take Jay to airport

Well, we didn't waste a minute of his 19 hours and celebrated yet another wonderful day!!!!! Jay will return late Thurs. Then we'll head out on our annual hot as hell Mississippi homecoming trip that we enjoy so much that we go in spite of heat.

As for the Glendale house (the circa 1915 house that oozes with charm and screams our name)...we'll see. If God's in it...then it will work. If not, we shall recover since we've already been GIVEN all that matters anyway.

No comments:

Total Pageviews