I think I have alluded to Ruby being a bit strong-willed (or high-spirited as my friend Diana would say). On Sunday at church, Ruby didn't want me to carry her. So I set her down and thought we'd hold hands in route to the car. She then did want me to pick her up then she didn't. So I set her back down. She laid down on the asphalt (no crying) and just closed her eyes. (I ultimately hauled her to the car with her long legs kicking.)
She pulls same stunt again at school in the lobby. This time, she cried and screamed hysterically while I strapped her in the car on a hot hot summer day. Willie was visibly sweating and I felt like crying myself. Ruby is still screaming as we drive off. Willie yells over her wails..."mom, how many kids do you plan to have?"
1 comment:
An adult could not have come up with a better comment at that moment. Very nice on Willie's part.
Post a Comment