Friday, July 25, 2008

Willie & Elvis

Willie has also been on a huge Elvis kick this week. First of all, I like music but I don't have it on all the time. I don't listen to Elvis anyway. So out of no where...he insists on styling his hair like Elvis every morning. He looks so goofy. He started asking me about when Elvis died and why....
I told him Elvis didn't take good care of himself and he cared too much about stuff and money (teachimg moment I am thinking.)

30 minutes later--

WW: "Did Elvis eat green beans?"

me: "Probably, why?"

WW: "You said he didn't take good care of himself."

me: "Well, I think he smoked alot of cigrettes (pronounced se-grets by WW)"

Next morning:

WW: "Mom, look at my Elvis hair. I love MONEY."

So where did the Elvis kick come from??? I share my annoyance about his slicked back hair with Jay....Jay dies laughing and takes responsibility. They had been experimenting with hair styles after bathtime.

This is kind of how it goes with Willie....he gets something on his mind and he asks lots of questions and could dwell for days on his new found interest.

This afternoon I said it was muggy after the rain.

WW: What is muggy?

me (weary 5 days solo): It's hard to explain.

WW: Just try, mom. I'll probably understand.

Your right, Willie, you would probably understand.

No comments:

Total Pageviews