
We hope your Christmas season was sweet as ours. The children were delighted that Santa found us. He found our cookies and Rudolph found the reindeer food too! Willie awoke before us all but he didn't come wake us. Evidently, he ran to the den, saw the presents, then waited in the living room for someone else to get up. We got up a little after 7. Jay went to get the kids up when I heard him talking to Willie who was clearly wide awake. He had been waiting patiently on us for nearly 45 minutes without touching his gifts. That's serious restraint b/c as I recall Christmas mornings.....I don't think I could have done that. He was pleased that Santa delivered on the Sled. We're still just waiting for snow. Ruby, of course, followed Willie's lead and got into the excitment. Ruby was quite affectionate with her Elmo as you can see.We've enjoyed our family time with the Walton's and Uncle Jeff came way out of his way for a surprise visit. Our trip to Mississippi was basically exhausting but it was laced with lots of memorable family moments, and we certainly would not have had it any other way. We enjoyed several days in the country, a very sweet visit with my Grandma which I am convinced she knew me, and then capped it off with a visit with the Strebeck's.
As for 2009....We still don't know exactly where we're living 10 days from now, but we have some solid leads. We'll be in temporary housing and we're hoping that the permament housing is close to a deal (although there's some significant renovations in store.) I really have had a deep peace about it all, but I'm eager for it all to start coming together.
No comments:
Post a Comment