I've been saying and believing it would all work out! We haven't known where we are going to live for, oh, at least a month. We have known since before Christmas we had to be our of our beloved home on Oakley by January 15th.
Over the course of most of 2008, we developed our strategy of selling (yes, in this market) in our stable, time-tested neighborhood and then buying b/c there would never be a better time in theory. Well, the strategy seems to be working thus far. And after looking at houses for literally almost a year.....we finally were able to get one that had everything we hoped for. That list is long so I won't bore you....You'll just have to come visit us in a few months.
It's great ranch in Oak Hill which is in the heart of Nashville on a flat acre and a half. We expect there'll be plenty of wildlife and there is a creek way in the back. It is certainly everything we were looking for. If everything keeps going well, we'll close the beginning of February. In the meantime, I get to live out my dream of planning for a renovation! For the next 3 months, we are going to rent during the renovation.(We think we finally found an appropriate and affordable option for a very short-term lease near LU which was no easy task!!!!)
Willie had visited the Oak Hill house with me one day with a contractor friend. He located an Big Wheel in this almost empty house that he rode for nearly an hour in the basement. So when I reminded him about this house, his only question...."will the big wheel be there?" You'd better believe that this mama showed no shame and reopened some long, tough negotiations to ask for the Big Wheel. I guess we could have bought him one but it makes me feel better to get it as part of the deal.
I'm also trying to work a deal with the guy buying our house to trade our refrigerator for his brand new pool table (which he can't bring to Oakley)....Heck of a deal, I'd say. We'll see how that goes.
If you are wondering about Jay and how he can do this in basketball season, he really can't. We certainly didn't plan for it to all happen in January but we carefully and prayerfully walked through open doors. I basically just update him everyday and I'm trying to make this as non-eventful as possible on his side. He's exhausted this time of year anyway and we got beat at the buzzer tonight which just took the wind out of our sails. Real downer for tonight for sure. The A-Sun conference is a very competitive league. You get beat by a team that will get beat the next night by a team you beat last week. Will drive you nuts!
No comments:
Post a Comment