Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Devil Gonna Get Ya

Tonight at bedtime Willie was singing songs to Stephanie & me.  "This Little Light of Mine" is one of his favorites.  His version goes something like this, "Don't let it say they gonna blow it out...I'm gonna let it shine."  That led to the following conversation.

Jay:  This is how it really goes..."Don't let Satan blow it out...I'm gonna let it shine."

Willie:  Who is Satan?

Jay:  He's the devil.

Steph:  Do you know who the devil is?

Willie:  Well, I've heard 'em tell me about the devil, but I don't really know who it is.

Jay:  He's a very bad guy.  He's God's enemy.  Sometimes he will try to get you to do bad things.

Willie:  Does he live in heaven?

Jay:  No, he lives in a place called hell.

Willie:  I know about hell.  Ms. Johnson's been there.  She's got a picture of it on her computer.

No comments:

Total Pageviews