


Spring keeps coming then going, but we're outside every chance we get, and Ruby loves this patch of daffodils. Thank God for Zyrtec for Willie and me. We've had Willie's first ever baseball practice for the Crieve Hall farm league. We've always heard it's a serious league so I was a bit nervous. But, Willie looked great out there, and Jay is really pleased with the structure the coaches were bringing. Can you imagine how hard it is for Jay to experience a poor coaching exhibition (even if it is for little ones). You may be wondering why Jay doesn't coach himself then?? Trust me, at this stage, I don't think he can ratchet his profession back enough. Plus, the man just needs to just enjoy it. He and Willie practice alot together with plenty of opportunity for the fundamentals to be reinforced although Jay said he learned alot himself from Willie's baseball coaches.
Willie was shooting for the one hundredth hour (at least) on his indoor goal today and I heard him correct himself or one of his imaginary players to square his feet up to the basket:) Willie's imaginary teams today were KY high school teams that I've never heard of. He went recruiting with Jay at the KY High School State Tournament (which only draws 15,000-20,000 fans) this week. They have every form of junk food evidently available it such a big deal--even cotton candy. Yes, in KY, a high school basketball tournament is equivalent to the state fair or something. Anyway, Willie watched 8 games in 2 days plus traveled 7 hours by car in the same 2 days with his backpack chug full of books, cards, doodle boards and anything else I could think of he might need should he tire of the game of basketball. That didn't happen and he's been reenacting the tournament on his little indoor goal ever since he returned.
I treasure hearing his imaginary tournaments. I try to listen very closely when he and Ruby play and converse. I don't want to forget their precious play. Like today, when Ruby told one of her baby's to stay right there and she'd be right back. She's runs back with a blanket, of course, for that baby. Or today, when Willie was praying over dinner and he thanked God for every ingredient including the "yonguns" (onions). Lately, one of our favorites is Ruby telling the 3 Bears by herself.
We spent alot of time reading today too. Willie can't get enough of the Magic Treehouse series that my dear friend Jenn suggested for him. I'm treasuring the books too b/c it's the one time Willie prefers me over Jay (well, he lets me read them without requesting Jay) since I took him to the library to get them and started reading them to him. I try to do my best voices so I get to keep the gig. Anway, it gives Jay time with Ruby who prefers me right now. She did tell me yesterday, that she's "mama's baby, daddy's sweetheart and Willie's girl." When I notified Jay of her ingenuity, I found out he taught her that b/c he couldn't take her claiming to be mama's girl anymore.
No comments:
Post a Comment