Another basketball season draws to a close with plenty of tears after tonight's semi-finals. Honestly, I hate to lose but we couldn't handle Jacksonville tonight even after our strong 8 game winning streak and beating those same fools just a couple of weeks ago.
I am so proud of the Bisons though. They ended up having a great season and we are quite young so the future is bright, and the high school state tournaments start next week so no rest for the weary.
Willie cried for Daddy after the game and couldn't understand why Mike and Thomas (our seniors) wouldn't play again because there are the pros. Over and over I explained they were good college players but just not big enough for the pros.
WW: But Thomas is taller than Daddy.
I finally respond generically after exhaustion.
Me: Well, they just aren't strong enough or good enough with shooters to play in the pros.
WW: You mean like Pete Maravich.
Me: Yes.
WW: Then nobody is good enough for the pros.
He cried some more which is probably from staying at the arena until 11 PM the last 2 nights. The one thing I am thankful for is that in the morning, he and Ruby will for sure make us laugh and make the hurt of a season ended distant or at least distract us until it is. In fact, Willie cracked us up this morning when Jay commented on how smart mommy is and he grumpily retorted, "yeah, but she talks too much."
So, we'll keep working at being our best in everything, keep being thankful in all circumstances, and stay the course. In fact, shouldn't Jay be home by now? The game's been over for a a couple of hours and we don't play again until next year. But after 13 years of coaching, I guarantee the coaches meeting tonight is about the next season. And I can't wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment