Sunday, April 12, 2009

It was Happy Hunting!


Above are my babies and Jaybird all ready for church this morning. Of course, I'm still in my nappy pink robe with wet hair and once I was dressed and suitable for a photo opp the truck was backing out the driveway and I had to run to jump in.....just kidding but I'm usually behind everyone on Sunday mornings b/c mom's are usually at least thinking about lunch plans and trying to do chores while getting ready for church??? I'm not sure that excuse works either because Jay's usually helping with that too. I'm not sure what I do really except give directions. I tried to take credit for us being 45 minutes early for church today too, but it was obvious to Jay that I had Easter worship times wrong. We at least didn't have to squeeze our way in an already filled pew. We just got squeezed into the middle. After a beautiful worship service, we headed to home-cooked lunch with our dear friend the Kirk's. Then we rested then we headed to Buisson's for a hot dog cookout and last hunt of the year!

The following pictures are in no specific order. There have been so many egg hunts this week that I can't even remember which hunt happened when.



These kids are friends from the Harvest Hands Afterschool Program. Friends from Sunday School wanted to throw them an Easter Party which felt doomed with the severe weather but ended beautifully with snacks and crafts. The little boy on my left was on my basketball team last year and the little boy on my right sees me every couple of weeks in the lunchroom at his school. He keeps asking me to be his lunchbuddy (but he already has a great one and I've already got me a great lunch buddy so we're just friends.)



Here's our Ruby hunting eggs at the Martin's. She's got the whole hunt thing figured out this year. After our hunt tonight at the Buisson's we found her and the Buisson kids on Bobby and Melissa's beautiful bed eating chocolate. Willie was innocent and quite easy when it comes to the these junk-filled eggs. Can you believe he is my son and doesn't like chocolate?????


Here's Willie and Isaiah on our way to the Willie's class hunt! After some snow flurries the day before, we postponed for one day and got perfect sunshine. These 2 dudes played basketball much of the time at their class hunt except for the actual hunting of eggs, lunch and some organized games.



Here's Willie a bit reluctant for his picture to be taken I guess or dissatisfied with # of eggs in his basket....I'm not for sure which. This picture is from the Martin's annual Easter Egg hunt hosted for our Sunday School class. Great job, Tim & Jenn!!!



Here's Willie in his 2 hour jelly bean sort in prep for his class hunt. The room moms organized different games etc. I used a little jelly bean poem about the true meaning of Easter and Willie was eager to help organize.


Ruby spilled 2 cups of dye in Daddy's dying clinic:) Great job, Daddy!!!
Now, I'm going to hide the 100's of eggs around here in a bag and we will not see them until next year. Willie is focused on eating his dyed eggs for protein. He told me tonight that if Ruby didn't eat some protein tonight after all that candy she might die.
















No comments:

Total Pageviews