Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Moving and Miracles!

Well, it's move week for the Walton's. Our renovations are essentially complete. I think I'll post a picture of Johnny (our contractor) soon. He kept us on schedule! I can't tell you how many people told me that I'd we wouldn't be on time---just inevitable they'd say. Great job, Mr. Johnny!

Last Saturday in between Willie's ballgames we got stuff out of storage with help of Eddie and Trey, former Bisons. Thanks Ronda, Sarah and Christy for all of your help in keeping the children in a safe, loving hands.

This week is dedicated to unpacking boxes for me. (Jay is recruiting hard for last 3 days of recruiting period. He and Billy Donavon were only 2 coaches in this one gym this week. Jay says they most likely had different reasons to be there but it's reassuring to see Billy Donavon's on your recruiting trail I think. ) This coming weekend we'll move from the rental (none too soon for me) and officially take residence.

I was trying to work (at my job) too which just all became too much even So I decided to use some of my personal time that I will lose if I don't get taken. Okay...now I can work at the house in the mornings and have consistent fun-loving afternoons with the kids to keep their lives in balance during this transition.

Until.....I woke up with a horrid virus this morning. I had added Ruby a school day today so I get move stuff done which was a huge blessing. Somehow I got the kids to school. Came home and took care of a crisis at work then realized I was really sick. I dragged myself to bed and started texting for help. The miracles started arriving! Thanks, Ann and Melissa for coming to the rescue. I said a prayer for myself, took some Ibuprofen, mixed Ann's ginger ale with Melissa's powder she brought me to settle my stomach, sucked down some applesauce that Melissa threw in her care bag..... and Voila! I was healed. Some will say it's the meds and concoctions....but I call it miracles because everything good comes from God including dear friends.

Jay and I were just recounting these blessings last night and talking about the year+ long process of searching for a new house. We had several contracts on different houses which didn't work b/c they were sold before we could sell our house, our hearts changed, or we just couldn't get peace. We prayed for guidance and the barriers were there along the way. Then it all came together on Forest Acres so we pray for God to continue to go before us and we seek to make our new residence our home that will glorify God in more ways than we can imagine. And the biggest miracle of all....we know Forest Acres is a temporary residence.

No comments:

Total Pageviews