We love picnics and have had at least 4 this week if we can count our crawfish boil that Daddy does for some old friends and their friends and whoever shows up. Willie and Ruby loved having everyone over to their backyard. We had guitar hero (not ours), cowboy golf (Willie loved it), cornhole, jumpies etc. It was regular carnival back there and Jay was sweating with delight as he boiled his crawfish. The most horrifying moment for me was when Ruby was driving one of those chargeable John Deere Gators that her friend Weston brought. She was deep in the backyard and seemingly safe. I look up from one of my conversations to see her hanging over the side of the our little creek bank with the Gator teetering a flip. Somehow, the Gator didn't roll and I made it after what I'd call my best dead sprint in a while.
Then we had a couple of pool picnics this week.....which can't be beat in this heat. Another picnic at Crockett Park for the summer concert series meeting up with church friends. Then a little unexpected picnic at Granny White Park b/c the thunderstorm shut down the pool as we were arriving. We ended up swimming at the Buisson's so we still got refreshed from the heat. Then today...we end up having a summer picnic in our car today (with AC) at Sonic.
On the way to Sonic, I ask Willie if he might want some Tater Tots to go with his cheeseburger. It dawns on me that he might not know what Tater Tots are never remember buying them before. His response...."Mom, it's not my first rodeo with Tater Tots." He's like a little mirror sometimes....
Ruby loves to aggravate Willie and has figured out how to push his buttons. She literally aggravates him to the point of tears (which really doesn't take much once he is fatigued....again so me...). Anyway, he tells me that she is "arguvating" him which is a much better description actually.
Ruby remains head strong and vocal about her opinions. The other day Jay took her to her day school. Jay asked one of the little boys to give him five and the boy shied away and wouldn't participate on this particular morning. Ruby reprimanded him..."You give my daddy five. We love him."
Oh, I almost forgot to let you know it is Jr. Bison (basketball) Camp this week (5-8 year olds). Although he's camped the last couple of years, Willie's officially old enough now. Monday he won the free throw contest out of 86 kids. He locked his place in the finals on Friday so I'll be there hopefully with my camera.
I've got some great pics to get posted of these picnics and summer activities, but I can't find the camera battery. We're making more and more progress around our new house but then I can't remember the perfect place I select for important stuff. It will all come together and my patience in this process is actually amazing me. We are enjoying the place and each other so much that I really don't care when it all gets done. Tonight's big accomplishment was getting some flood lights changed and Jay worked on a big limb that came down in last night's storm.
No comments:
Post a Comment