Monday, July 6, 2009

Lake time!

To kick off our 4th Week (the last weekend in June) we headed to Lake Martin to visit my dear college friend Wendy and her precious hubby Kent and girls, Gray and Cate Scott! Boy, they took great care of us. We enjoyed catching up and watching our children play together. How blessed we are to be able to keep our friendship strong. Outside of visiting and eating fine southern foods, we stayed in the water mostly.

Jay and I are sure that we're made for the lake. While I totally love going to the beach and appreciate a good dip in the pool, I melt at the lake. I love the wind from the boat, swimming in the lake and while I might be on the downhill for my ski days....I did show the kids my determination and skiied quite well for someone who's only skiied a couple of times in whole life. Jay too didn't get many water ski chances growing up and he popped up like he weighed 50 lb and skiied like a champ. Kent was a great instructor!

Weekend highlights were watching our children play with each other, listening to each other's funny kids stories, eating wonderful meals and just visiting. On the way home, we stopped at Ruby Tuesday in nearby Alexander City to see Wynn, Erin and Tripp (awesome coaching family). Wynn's now the AD and head baseball coach at community college down there.


No comments:

Total Pageviews