Well, I finally got access to the pictures taken on our trip. (Remember, our camera was held hostage in the DR at the airport. (Basically, held for ransom and my Ipod was stolen. Got a new one only to drop it today and shatter glass.)
It's hard to put this trip into words and there's so much to tell. I think pictures do it best. Our mission was to love on these orphans and oppressed. Even though we didn't speak the same language, they knew Who it was that sent us. I believe that. We did have Giovanni and Carolina (his wife) translating and guiding us....but much of the time we were left to our own communication. Jay fared much better than me obviously. While he denies it, he has decent to impressive Spanish skills (depending on your perspective) and was a huge help to many of us on the trip.
These faces are etched in our memories and hearts. They were very hungry for God's love. We are so grateful to be the ones to carry it on these May days.



No comments:
Post a Comment