I simply love Friday nights. I guess it's the only night I can get away with doing whatever I feel like that night. It's the night that the routine is the non-routine. Tonight, we had Ronda and 3 of her 4 boys (part of Jay's head coaches family) over tonight for dinner.
This family is closest thing to real family we have here. It's like family because we don't see each other every day (well, Jay almost does) but you know they are there. I write Ronda's name down on almost every emergency contact form I fill out.....
We've watched their boys grow up and at this point....it's total comfort for me. They are becoming fine young men which renewed my hope tonight that Jay and I might reap some rewards one day of having our children just use their manners without being told. (They were even gracious as they "made it through" a new recipe of mine.....I promised next time we'd grill hot dogs and roast marshmallows.) Heck, Garrett and Grant weren't even born when Jay started working with Scott. Carter was probably Willie's age and Clint was Ruby's age. And now, Carter turned 18 last week. I didn't have a digital camera when Carter and Clint were little but here's an oldie of Garrett and Grant.

They play so sweet with our kids and it's so fun to watch who these young men are becoming. Willie is always in heaven with the "Sanderson boys". They played a good bit of pool and Clint appeased Willie with a tennis match (as Willie is currently obsessed with tennis.) Grant and Garrett took turns playing with Ruby including dress-up and her swing set.

Ronda has a good eye for design too so she gave me her ideas on placing the furniture and then helped me polish up my blog. So thank her for my blog's face lift. I finished working on it after Ronda left and still have some learning to do; but thank you, Ronda, for spiffing thejaywalton's up.
They play so sweet with our kids and it's so fun to watch who these young men are becoming. Willie is always in heaven with the "Sanderson boys". They played a good bit of pool and Clint appeased Willie with a tennis match (as Willie is currently obsessed with tennis.) Grant and Garrett took turns playing with Ruby including dress-up and her swing set.

Ronda has a good eye for design too so she gave me her ideas on placing the furniture and then helped me polish up my blog. So thank her for my blog's face lift. I finished working on it after Ronda left and still have some learning to do; but thank you, Ronda, for spiffing thejaywalton's up.
We ended our Friday night watching the deer and lightning bugs and feeling perfect delight in our Friday night.

No comments:
Post a Comment