We've had a wonderful Father's Day weekend (at least from mom's perspective). We never overmaterialize these kind of holidays but do try to honor a special day for Dad. The weekend probably couldn't haved started better for Jay since he went flyfishing at the Caney Fork all day with much trout success! I wish Jay could fish a little more often, but in this busy season of life with very young children I'm just hoping he can hang in there with his hobby. (There's so many coaches without a hobby which can be sad.) My prayer for Jay is that he will have enough in his life outside of coaching that he can one day retire and enjoy it (and not act like a 2 year old and ask for his name to come off the side of a coliseum....I'm just a touch disappointed in Coach Polk.)
Although Jay had to rise at 4 am for his big Fish, I am not one to go too easy on you...he came home to clean up to take us out for a family dinner with my cousin Regina's family. Regina, Scott, Brooklyn & Craig were passing through town. We selected Opry Mills (which we rarely visit) to eat then "mill" around since it was one-stop entertainment and I suspected Ruby might crash in the stroller after dinner (which is just what happened). So while RW snoozed, we hit Dave & Buster's for some games then Willie & Craig did this jump deal with the harness and trampolines. I wasn't so sure about it but it was worth the $7.95. Willie loved and was quite proud. I think Brookly and Craig had a great time and I was just thrilled to spend some time with my cousins.
We started Saturday with Teague's 5th birthday party then rested much of the afternoon prepping for a get togehter with friends over crawfish.
Despite the crawfish boil, we always make it to church and it was nice to spiritually rejuvenate with a our Faithbuilders class. Then to nap, then pool, then Snappy Tomatoe (best kids pizza deal in town and not that bad either).....
As far as Dad....I think he would agree that it was a great weekend. We were together the whole weekend and it only takes a couple of Willie's stories or Ruby's smiles to make our hearts swell with gratitude. We've got to close this one down..Jr. Bison camp starts in the morning. Willie's black Nike hightops and Jordan gear are ready to ball. He is delighted that his daddy will be his instructor.
No comments:
Post a Comment