
Today was a perfect Sunday! Church was packed out this morning. We had good home-cooked meal of herbed roasted chicken, green beans, and squash fries. I made up the squash fries recipe and snapped the green beans myself. Our good friends Martin's (thanks, Jenn & Tim) gave us their farm produce for the week (from local farmers' cooperative). The kids loved going to pick up the produce from the farm truck and I loved the feeling of snapping those green beans. There's something about memories that can flood you with such simple acts. I have shelled, snapped and & silked my share of veggies---so many happy memories with my mom & dad. I hope to learn to can veggies one day....After a perfect lunch, we got our naps and headed for the pool where we celebrated summer days with the Kate & Jake and the Morrow's (all in our LU athletic family--who I couldn't make it without. We're all bracing for upcoming recruiting seasons and praying for big success!)
Jay packed us a picnic dinner so we headed straight from pool to Crockett Park for the summer concert series where we continued celebrating summer and friendships. So good to be with the Martin's, Hillaird's, Kirk's and Large's. We enjoyed friends, picnic dinner & dancing together. I've included a clip for you of Willie & Ruby's first dance together. We're anticipating a fun week for the 4th!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment