
Over the last 4 years, Willie's bedtime routines have evolved from little cardboard books to telling stories with your "mouth" (which Willie frequently still requests) to some much more sophisticated reading. He's very interested in the Presidents so I've got to get to the library.
By the way, I think Daddy does a much better job of telling stories with his mouth, but Willie does love my true childhood stories of walking up on the snake in our barn (and the ensuing gasoline chase and ax killing) and seeing that "blame" alligator when Uncle Steven and I were fishing with Papa at Roosevelt. Jay tells much more elaborate legends which I think he learned from Gran.
Lately we spend alot of time playing games before we ever get to the books--UNO and a variety of other card games are his favorites right now. After a round of Candyland and UNO tonight, he selected some books from his library. If we play games too long, he usually reads by himself. As expected tonight, he crashed before finishing his books. I sneaked back in to remove the books and then ran for the camera. The open book is a picture of Jesus after the resurrection and to the left is a Mississippi State media guide---we're on the right track! Keep praying.
No comments:
Post a Comment