Sunday, May 4, 2008

M-I-S-S-I-S-S-I-P-P-I




We made the much needed trip to Mississippi. While Nashville is very much our home and we dearly love our life here....we just need to get back to our first home every few months. Of course, we fit in as much as possible and we always leave out tons of friends and family that we wish we could visit.


This visit we combined some work and play. Jay recruited at an event at Miss. State so he headed down with the kids a little bit before me. They had wonderful family time in Starkville with the Gran & Granny (Jay's parents), Gaggy & Frances (Jay's grandparents), Uncle Jeff, Aunt LaLa, and Riley. Ruby and Riley are only 2 1/2 months apart. I also asked Willie to sing for Gran & Granny. I've included a clip b/c I want you all to see that Willie is getting well-rounded exposures to the arts.


After a couple of days in Starkville, the kids and I headed further south to Lawrence County to visit Nana & Papa (SWW's parents), Uncle Steven, Aunt Charity & Reagan. Willie & Reagan are big buds so Reagan stayed overnight to have a full-day of play the next day. I worked in Jackson that Monday so Nana & Papa tried to keep up with all 3 of them.


In addition to just being with our families, there are a few things in Mississippi that make the solo drive with 2 kids very worth the visit and those things mostly revolve around food. I got to visit 2 of my favorite restaurants- Oby's and Henri's. Oby's is a must if you're ever in Starkville. They have lots of variety on the menu and Ruby thoroughly enjoyed her first visit. I got my old stand-by from college (chicken salad po-boy) and it's just as good as it used to be. Now, Henri's, has some delicious po-boys too. Henri's is one of the only spots to eat in Monticello but it's still a favorite Always order fried there.....especially oysters or shrimp although I don't recommend sharing the shrimp platter with Willie Walton (or Willie Wallace for that matter). Of course, you can't ever beat the shrimp boil the Walton's usually do for us and my mama is a fierce cook.

No comments:

Total Pageviews