Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Today's conversations I don't want to forget

Willie was helping with chores this afternoon. He was eagerly helping bring trash cans to the kitchen to get trash out to the street. When he told me his trash can didn't have much in it, I told him it was "okay to just go ahead and empty." He told me...."no, that's very good for the landfills."

After bath, Willie was franticlly searching for certain pj's. He wanted some cut-off camouflage shorts and a long-sleeve camouflage shirt. They don't necessarily match, but he certainly was proud of his homemade match. "Mom, do you know what you call it when you have a camouflage shirt and camouflage shorts?" ??I don't guess so?? "Mamouflage." It might not be funny to the world, but he is hilarious to me.

Ruby and I had some serious conversations today too. She clearly added "backpack" today.

My favorite Ruby moment of the day was when I looked up during soccer practice to see her headed to mid-field with Willie's water bottle. I had to see where she was headed so I let her go. ...okay she was really already in mid-field before I realized it. (Don't judge unless you're helping chase. And, if you're wondering, Coach Ryan is perfectly laid back for 3-4 year soccer.) Ruby walked right up to Willie in the midst of his teammates, offered him his "milk" (in her words). He bent over took a drink while she gripped the bottle. He patted her on the head, and then she headed on back to the bleachers swinging her free arm like a lady who accomplished her mission. All of us parents were just hooting (& I was secretly thanking my lucky stars Willie was such a gracious big brother). I wonder if he will one day be embarassed by us hovering over him?

1 comment:

Tim Martin said...

I gotta tell you, Stephanie, that I like your family even more as I read your blog... you're doing a great job keeping up with it.

Total Pageviews