The next couple of weeks, we're going to try to be super detailed in our entries for Jay. For those of you who don't know, Jay is in Instanbul coaching a team and helping carry the Gospel. One of Jay's passion is travel. (he wants to do the Amazing Race with me but he thinks it will be better TV if my dad and I did it together.....Everytime I think about it I start laughing and how hilarious that would be. If it weren't for being away from my children....I'd certainly apply).
Anyway, Jay is out of pocket 12 days. On the 12th day before he returns, we're headed to get Willie and Ruby with their grandparents so I can go on my 12th annual girls beach trip. It may end up being 17 days before we see him and we're just so sad. Jay's our rock! (We love you, Daddy!) If you're thinking shouldn't I miss my beach trip???.....it's not really an option. It's a tradition and I meet up with 5 wonderful ladies who make me better than I was the year before. It's truly a renewing break--physically, mentally & spiritually. I'll be ready for such renewal after these 2 weeks and I can't wait to see some of my dear friends that I only get to see 1x a year.
Mother's Day was a sweet day with my children and dear friend Nicki Case and her boyfriend went to lunch with us. Loving Nicki's beau, Mark---he's a Mississippi boy and was kicker for USM. I told Willie about his glory days during lunch and Willie then impressed us all when he asked him if he punted or kicked goals. I didn't realize he had such a handle on the game's dynamics.
Last night, was a big party for us to send off our AD to Pepperdine. The party was held at the Ezell's home on Lealand. Willie was in heaven with their rock walls, pinball machines, basketball courts & ice cream parlor. The party had a super turn-out and Ruby rode my hip most of the night (which was preferred considering her high interest in their pool) with her pouty lips and then shy smile. By the time of the special presentation though, she was warmed up and talking so loud I was starting to get some stares. Everyone was asking about you, Jay. The Mankin's, Sanderson's and Rosenthal's all were very helpful keeping up with the children. Willie did run about 100 yards ahead upon arriving. Stood on their front steps and yelled back...."Do you want me to go on in?" If you know Willie's accent......you know that I in my old uptight days I would have been mortified. I opted to motion him around back to the "outside" party where I found him hunkered on the side of the pool trying to touch the water and just cackling. He was out of control basically, but thanks to good friends and very nice toys (like rock walls and real bball courts) saved the day. We actually stayed until well past our bed times.
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(67)
-
▼
May
(15)
- Last Nıght ın Turkey
- More from Istanbul
- The Buggy and insightful thoughts from Willie
- Lots to report from the Weekend
- Happy 33 - Steven
- Being a coach's wife (& remembering/recording a mi...
- Turkey
- Today's conversations I don't want to forget
- new pics
- bedtime routines
- One Day, Two Contınents
- Istanbul
- Ruby's check up and Willie's funny thoughts
- wonderful weekend
- M-I-S-S-I-S-S-I-P-P-I
-
▼
May
(15)
No comments:
Post a Comment