
This morning in Sunday School, we were studying about the Holy Spirit and how the Spirit gives us the courage/strength to tell what God has done for us. I don't have a one-time significant transformation story but I have blessing after blessing to share about. Some of the blessings I've been thinking about today....
1) Jay. Yes, we have been talking to Jay about 5 minutes a day while he's in Instanbul. We do miss him terribly and I'm physically tired without him here. I am amazed at how much of a load he carries because I haven't been this tired in a while. Mostly, though, I just miss having him to share all the fun and happy times we've been blessed with.
2) Family. In Sunday School, I thought about my journey and Jay's journey. I know we both start our stories with our families. Many of our blessings are solely because of how our parents and their parents made godly decisions. Our children have 3 great grandparents living. My grandma Nina is in the nursing home in Lawrence County. She's generally not coherent but she seems to be happy in her thoughts about folks from long ago. Jay's grandfather (Gaggy) is approaching 93 next week. He has not been feeling well. (We're praying for you, Gaggy.) We should refer to Frances (Gaggy's wife) as great-Frances. Not only because she is Willie & Ruby's great grandmother but because she is literally GREAT! Frances, thank you for loving Gaggy and us the way you do.
2) The Village. We truly have been blessed with a village here in Nashville to help us raise our children. When you are not geographically close to your family, you develop an extended family because it requires one. One of the girls in our "village" is Ann. I just love Ann and I've jokingly asked her to move in with us on more than one occasion. (It wouldn't be a joke if I had a guest suite.) She is one of 5 sisters. Her parents had a graduation party tonight. I had no business going over there with my kids. I mean I was invited but I knew it would be hard and we wouldn't know hardly anyone. But I dressed myself and the children (and drove over. I accomplished my mission of letting her parents know what an absolutely wonderful job I think they have done with their 5 daughters. Ann is only one of many in our village. Willie ran around like a wild Indian and ate 6 or 7 marshmallows intended for the fondu.....as far I as know...he kept his paws out of the chocolate. The picture to the right is Willie giggling with Ann as he stuffs another marshmallow in his trap.
3) True Friends. In the last 24 hours alone---the Coggin's rescued us last night when were getting sad without Daddy, the Kirk's went to lunch with us today and my neighbor Nancy kept the children so I could lose myself in Target for an hour.
The blessings are endless and I thank God for each of them.
No comments:
Post a Comment