Sunday, May 4, 2008

wonderful weekend

This weekend was warm and filled with birthday parties, soccer games with a nice wrap-up of the day with great friends joining us for dinner! Thanks, Kate & Coach B for coming as is and accepting us as is. By the way, Willie almost scored one goal this Saturday. He thinks he did score and I'm not telling him otherwise considering we got beat 13-1 (according to WW). It was heartaching to get whipped so bad...but the best life lessons are learned in the losses so I guess we're grateful for that.



On Sunday, we started off with church, of course. Then we headed for our weekly Pei Wei then onto nap time. Not long for mom though because today was Laura & Diana's baby shower. (Wow- what great friends God has blessed me with.) I came home to join Jay and kids at Crieve Hall playground.

We worked in the flowers and enjoyed being in the nice rhythm of just playing at home.

Oh, I left my trip to the grocery with Willie. He drew some attention when he was basically begging for eggplant like a kid in a candy store. I bought the eggplant b/c what mother turns down a kids asking for his veggies. I tried the A la Egg Plant in the ERA cookbook (Lanelle Giordano's). It was DIVINE....of course, how could fried eggplant baked in a lasagna type mixture not be. When we made it the snack aisle, I was getting us some pretzel sticks for the hummus already in the cart. Willie protested LOUDLY b/c I chose the salted version claiming I wouldn't be able to run fast and my teeth would fall out if I bought the salted pretzels. I got a few stares when I proceeded with my SALTEd pretzels. Mercy Alive!

No comments:

Total Pageviews